Subject: NSFCWT round 5 result
From: [email-masked]
To: name1 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], Stefan Strack <[email-masked]>
Cc: name2 <@peridot.spawar.navy.mil:[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 01:52:08 -0700 (MST)

NSFCWT round 5 is over. Good news. Michael Constant joined our tournament
( better late than never :-)
There were 10 battles of 10-round round robins. The battles run for

Elapsed time: 292 seconds (00:04:52)
Elapsed time: 231 seconds (00:03:51)
Elapsed time: 327 seconds (00:05:27)
Elapsed time: 234 seconds (00:03:54)
Elapsed time: 153 seconds (00:02:33)
Elapsed time: 338 seconds (00:05:38)
Elapsed time: 369 seconds (00:06:09)
Elapsed time: 77 seconds (00:01:17)
Elapsed time: 163 seconds (00:02:43)
Elapsed time: 214 seconds (00:03:34)

respectively. The tournament was run on a 100 Mhz Pentium.

The random parameters were generated by the following program written in 
Turbo Pascal.

------------------8<----------------
const nsets=10;
      nrounds=10;
var   go,mts:text;
      round:integer;
      size,proc:longint;
begin
randomize;
assign(go,'go.bat');
rewrite(go);
writeln(go,'dir /b *.red >names.txt');
for round:=0 to nsets-1 do begin
    assign(mts,chr(ord('0')+round)+'mts.cmd');
    rewrite(mts);
    writeln(mts);
    writeln(mts);
    size:=1000+random(20000-1000+1);
    proc:=10+random(10000-10+1);
    writeln(go,'rem size-processes ',size,'-',proc);
    writeln(go,'mts <',chr(ord('0')+round)+'mts.cmd');
    writeln( mts,'pmars -bfr ',nrounds,
             ' -s ',size,
             ' -p ',proc,
             ' -c ',10*size);
    writeln(mts);
    writeln(mts,chr(ord('0')+round)+'scores.cmd');
    writeln(mts);
    writeln(mts,[email-masked]');
    writeln(mts);
    close(mts);
end;
close(go);
end.
------------------------------8<------------------

The program generated the following parameters:

Battle Coresize-Processes
1.  12164-4245
2.  9414-5576
3.  13230-1033
4.  12016-72
5.  6280-1164
6.  13810-6126
7.  14599-9549
8.  2798-5242
9.  6483-1330
10 .8597-2180

The detailed scores are:

Battle 1.

  1   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      58  33   9 275
  2   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         49  30  21 253
  3   Perspire                Robert Macrae          44  23  33 248
  4   WT-Round5               P.Kline                47  35  18 240
  5   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      38  25  37 226
  6   black & white           Anders Ivner           41  33  25 224
  7   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            30  17  53 214
  8   Rand-Man                Randy Graham           15  12  73 178
  9   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             16  16  68 174
 10   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             15  17  67 170
 11   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             30  47  23 169
 12   Theme                   Michael Constant       13  15  71 167
 13   myImp                   Paulsson                8  30  62 129
 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               12  84   4 60

Battle 2.

  1   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      57  29  13 278
  2   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         55  29  16 270
  3   WT-Round5               P.Kline                49  33  17 248
  4   Perspire                Robert Macrae          44  26  30 243
  5   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      40  25  35 232
  6   black & white           Anders Ivner           39  29  32 225
  7   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            29  17  53 212
  8   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             23  13  65 199
  9   Theme                   Michael Constant       11  10  79 169
 10   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             13  16  71 164
 11   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             28  49  23 161
 12   myImp                   Paulsson                9  25  66 138
 13   Rand-Man                Randy Graham            6  41  53 106
 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               15  75   9 83

Battle 3.

  1   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      53  26  21 269
  2   Perspire                Robert Macrae          45  22  33 251
  3   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         50  35  15 248
  4   black & white           Anders Ivner           41  27  32 234
  5   WT-Round5               P.Kline                46  41  13 227
  6   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            28  11  61 218
  7   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      28  20  52 204
  8   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             21  10  69 197
  9   Theme                   Michael Constant       12   7  81 175
 10   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             11  11  78 168
 11   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             29  51  20 162
 12   Rand-Man                Randy Graham           11  23  66 150
 13   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               16  65  19 101
 14   myImp                   Paulsson                0  45  55 83

Battle 4.

  1   Perspire                Robert Macrae          49  21  30 267
  2   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            37   5  58 252
  3   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      43  21  35 248
  4   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             32   2  66 243
  5   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             34  13  53 233
  6   black & white           Anders Ivner           37  30  33 215
  7   Theme                   Michael Constant       27  15  59 208
  8   Rand-Man                Randy Graham           19   5  76 198
  9   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      37  52  11 182
 10   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         32  51  17 169
 11   myImp                   Paulsson               13  17  70 165
 12   WT-Round5               P.Kline                31  57  12 159
 13   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             17  61  22 111
 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               16  75   9 86

Battle 5.

  1   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         50  28  22 258
  2   Perspire                Robert Macrae          47  24  29 254
  3   WT-Round5               P.Kline                47  34  19 241
  4   black & white           Anders Ivner           39  28  33 226
  5   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      45  39  16 225
  6   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             25  10  65 211
  7   Rand-Man                Randy Graham           22  10  68 201
  8   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            27  21  52 201
  9   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      29  25  46 198
 10   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             15  19  66 165
 11   Theme                   Michael Constant        9   8  83 164
 12   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             23  55  23 136
 13   myImp                   Paulsson                9  27  65 136

Battle 6.

 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               16  74  10 87
  1   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         57  23  21 286
  2   WT-Round5               P.Kline                51  27  23 262
  3   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      49  37  13 242
  4   black & white           Anders Ivner           45  29  27 241
  5   Perspire                Robert Macrae          36  25  39 221
  6   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      34  26  40 213
  7   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            27  30  43 185
  8   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             19  17  65 181
  9   Theme                   Michael Constant       12   9  79 173
 10   Rand-Man                Randy Graham           15  17  69 169
 11   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             11  15  73 161
 12   myImp                   Paulsson               11  21  68 150
 13   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             23  53  23 140
 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               17  77   6 84

Battle 7.

  1   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      63  29   7 296
  2   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         55  24  21 278
  3   Perspire                Robert Macrae          40  27  33 229
  4   WT-Round5               P.Kline                41  33  26 225
  5   black & white           Anders Ivner           39  31  29 221
  6   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            28  11  61 217
  7   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             18  13  69 184
  8   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      25  30  45 179
  9   Theme                   Michael Constant       15  15  70 171
 10   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             28  45  27 166
 11   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             14  20  66 162
 12   Rand-Man                Randy Graham           11  17  72 156
 13   myImp                   Paulsson                5  21  75 133
 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               17  80   3 80

Battle 8.

  1   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         65  23  13 310
  2   black & white           Anders Ivner           46  21  33 256
  3   WT-Round5               P.Kline                49  29  22 255
  4   Perspire                Robert Macrae          38  29  33 221
  5   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      43  42  15 217
  6   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            31  22  47 211
  7   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             25  15  59 203
  8   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             18  11  71 187
  9   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             35  45  21 187
 10   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      21  27  52 171
 11   Theme                   Michael Constant       10  23  67 145
 12   Rand-Man                Randy Graham           10  26  64 141
 13   myImp                   Paulsson                7  23  70 138

Battle 9.

 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               16  79   5 80
  1   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         54  31  15 266
  2   WT-Round5               P.Kline                51  32  17 254
  3   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      34  17  49 227
  4   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      44  42  14 219
  5   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             25   9  67 211
  6   Perspire                Robert Macrae          36  33  31 209
  7   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            25  15  59 203
  8   black & white           Anders Ivner           35  35  30 201
  9   Theme                   Michael Constant       15   5  79 188
 10   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             15  14  71 175
 11   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             26  49  25 155
 12   Rand-Man                Randy Graham            8  21  71 143
 13   myImp                   Paulsson                9  23  69 142
 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               20  72   8 102

Battle 10.

  1   Simple Scissors         John K. Wilkinson      57  25  17 284
  2   WT-Round5               P.Kline                49  33  18 249
  3   black & white           Anders Ivner           45  28  27 242
  4   Frontwards              Steven Morrell         47  34  19 239
  5   Mr Dumb                 Maurizio Vittuari      41  23  35 239
  6   Perspire                Robert Macrae          37  28  35 218
  7   blah blah blah          M R Bremer             21   9  71 199
  8   Rubber wall             Beppe Bezzi            21  18  61 187
  9   A Quick Hack            Karl Lewin             15  13  73 175
 10   Theme                   Michael Constant       13  11  77 172
 11   myImp                   Paulsson                9  23  68 144
 12   Rand-Man                Randy Graham            8  23  69 140
 13   Miss Careworn           Derek Ross             20  52  28 132
 14   Multi-Stone             G. Eadon               15  79   5 77

Here are the total scores of the 10 battles:

Name			Scores

G. Eadon           	840
Paulsson           	1358
Derek Ross         	1519
Randy Graham       	1582
Michael Constant	1732
Karl Lewin         	1774
M R Bremer         	1988
Beppe Bezzi        	2100
Maurizio Vittuari  	2137
Anders Ivner       	2285
P.Kline            	2360
Robert Macrae      	2361
John K. Wilkinson  	2487
Steven Morrell     	2577

The overall rank after round 5:

Name			1	2	3	4	5	total

Steven Morrell     	5	10	9	13	14	51
P.Kline            	7.5	9	7	11	11	45.5
Paulsson           	7.5	11	11	9	2	40.5
Beppe Bezzi        	7	7	13	2	8	37
John K. Wilkinson  	4	6	12	-       13	35
Maurizio Vittuari  	6.5	5	6	3	9	29.5
Anders Ivner       	5.5	8	4	  -     10	27.5
M R Bremer         	7	4	3.6	5	7	26.6
Robert Macrae      	-   	 -  	  -  	12	12	24
Randy Graham       	-   	 -  	8	10	4	22
Karl Lewin         	-   	 -  	10	4	6	20
Derek Ross         	3.5	3	3.3	7	3	19.8
G. Eadon           	1.5	2	5	6	1	15.5
Kurt Franke        	-   	 -  	  -  	8	 -	8
Michael Constant	-	 -	 -	 -	5	5
Anders Scholl      	-   	1	2	1	 -	4
John Lewis         	-   	 -  	3	  -      -	3
Calvin Loh         	-   	 -  	1	  -      -	1

Good luck for round 6.

Nandor & Stefan.