- Information / Tutorials -
- The Core War Frequently Asked Questions from rec.games.corewar
- View A. K. Dewdney's Scientific American articles that started it all!
- There are several infrequent Core War newsletters including:
- Modern Core Wars by Greg
Lindahl, is a brief summary of how the game works.
- The Beginner's Guide To Corewar
by Ilmari Karonen comes highly recommended. (mirror)
- Issues of Steve's Guide for Beginners:
For Dummies by J. K. Lewis is another good beginner's guide.
- Intro To Art In
'88 by Mintardjo Wangsaw is a great tutorial.
- Introduction To Redcode, by Mark A. Durham:
- My First CoreWar Book, by Steven Morell:
- Redcode '94 - Outline of the
textual rules for writing a warrior file...
- The Corewar Bibliography -
an index of Core War documents by subject.
- The Wilkies Benchmark Page
tries to help beginners rate their warriors.
- The WilMoo Benchmark Page
another attempt to help beginners create better warriors.
- The current ICWS '94 Draft
states the rules to create a CoreWars simulator.